- Bachelor of Music (First Class Honours), University of Melbourne
- Master of Music, University of Melbourne
- Australian National Academy of Music (ANAM), Performance Program
- Suzuki Primary Teacher Training Course
Over 15 years
Elina Yasumoto has taught piano and performance at leading musical institutions including the University of Melbourne and Central Queensland Conservatorium of Music and also worked as an accompanist at the University of Melbourne, the Sydney Conservatorium of Music and the Australian National Academy of Music. Her piano students have garnered many awards and scholarships. Highlights of student achievements include: first prize winners in solo piano and ensemble sections at the Dandenong Eisteddfod VIC and the Mackay Eisteddfod QLD, full music scholarship award for primary and secondary education, best performance of Bach and best performance of an Australian Composer at local Eisteddfods.
- Award winning and internationally acclaimed classical pianist
- Critically acclaimed as a “Magician of the Piano” and praised for her “Command and Grace” (The Age, Melbourne).
- Referred to as ” The Female Horowitz” by an international jury at the Australian National Piano Awards where she was a top prize winner.
- Her playing has been recognised for it freshness, spontaneity and architectural strength and for its poetic evocativeness, “painting beautiful images with the sound palette”. (Roger Lord, Chairman of International Jury. Australian National Piano Award).
- At a young age Elina frequently performed on Australian radio and television, both as a soloist and in musical collaborations.
- Among these broadcasts she performed in Gershwins Rhapsody in Blue on Channel Ten and SBS Television.
- Broadcast from the Sydney Entertainment Centre, where she performed as the concerto soloist.
- Elina now plays to audiences in major cultural and concert venues throughout the world, as well as closer to home: from Beethoven recitals at the spectacular Yamaha Hall in Ginza Tokyo of her native Japan to the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall where she has recorded as a soloist performing Prokofiev.
- Elina appeared on Channel Ten 5pm News, which featured a story of her “Reaching the World” concert tour of the United States.
- Multi talented musician playing all genres from pop, rock to jazz.
What are your earliest memories of music?
“I even taught a little black cat to play twinkle twinkle little star! Ask me for the video!”