Ukulele Lessons in Sydney
Aloha! Wanna strum away on the ukulele to the likes of Jason Mraz crooning “I’m Yours” in your ear?
There’s no better instrument to learn than the ukulele: it’s oh-so-lovable and right-on-trend. With only four strings, it is the ideal instruments for kids from 3 years of age that want to pick up an instrument with a whole lot of fun!
Very affordable to get started with and easy to carry around. It’s also a fantastic precursor to the guitar, or an additional skill to add to your knowledge of the guitar family.
Learn strumming, finger picking and read chord charts. Feel the pulse of Hawaiian rhythms at All Arts Academy.
Ukulele hire available.
What’s covered in the lesson?
Master strumming: Learn strumming patterns from basic to advanced levels
How to play in a band/ensemble
Strong sheet music reading skills and chord charts
Performance skills: Accents, single note connecting runs, right and left hand techniques
Development of fine motor skills
Concerts: Regular performance opportunities
Our ukulele teachers
We pride ourselves on having a team of dedicated, caring and talented teachers. See available teachers.
Active performing musician
Trained at teaching kids and adults
Can teach all genres including jazz, classical and contemporary styles
Play in a social ukulele club
1. Balmain Ukulele Klub (BUK)
Location: Gladstone Park Bowling Club, Darvall Street, Balmain (www.balmainukuleleclub.com.au)
2. Sydney Eastern Suburbs Ukulele Club
Location: Woollahra Golf Club, O’Sullivan Road, Rose Bay 2029 (www.uke-east.com)
3. Central Coast Ukulele Club
Location: Central Coast, Sydney (http://centralcoastukuleleclub.wordpress.com)
Bookings and Payments:
- * For the first lesson, you’re welcome to pay as a one-off before you decide to continue thereafter.
- * All lessons are pre-paid in either 5 week or 10 week blocks. This excludes casual lessons. This will be your permanent time the following week and thereafter unless you notify us of any cancellations/changes. We run in accordance to the NSW Public School terms (https://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/key_dates/vacations.html).
- * All lessons within school terms must be completed. However, students are entitled to 1 make-up lesson for every 5 week package purchased per NSW school term (with compliance to our cancellation policy). Late arrivals will run into lesson time.