Nowadays, design is becoming more and more important as it is a part of the communication arts. Design is something you plan to create; it communicates to the viewer or user a visual and emotional message to change or guide through an emotional connection with a product or service enhancing their experience of the product or brand.The education, experience, and genetic blocks that form the base of a competent designer is normally similar no matter the area of specialization, only in a later stages of training and work will designer diverge to a specialized field.
Wantingto become a designer or wanting your children to become future professional designers? Come and join our comprehensive arts & design lessons that are suitable for 3 years old onwards. We have 6 programs that are tailored for different age groups. We strongly believe that designers will make the world better.
Mini Arts and Crafts is early learning for children from 3 years old to Kindergarten exploring art and creativity. As parents, we understand that these activities are important for children’s development. The class includes 30mins of supervised coloring & drawing using different mediums (paint, markers, crayons or pencils) and craft activities.
The focus is on developing skills such as:
• Improving coordination skills
• Improved and refined motor skills
• Help with important visual processing ability
• Promote executive functioning- focus, attention & controlling impulses and using work memory. These skills guide planned behavior, and are very predictive of later professional and academic success.
• Improved self-esteem and encouraging creativity and expression.
Arts and crafts encourage children to be creative and innovative, which helps nurture other artistic talents down the line.
The classes are carefully planned to give the right balance of exercises to develop foundations, artistic and cognitive skills with fun activities to keep your child engaged.
Colour pencils, water paint pallets with brushes, markers, crayons, A4 sketch pad and other craft materials.
In Visual Arts, students from Kindergarten to year 6 develop their knowledge, skills and understanding in making artworks informed by their investigations of the world as subject matter, use of expressive forms, and consideration of the audience for their works. They also develop their knowledge, skills and understanding in appreciating their own artworks and those of others, recognizing some relationships between artists, artworks, audiences and how the world is interpreted.
In Visual Arts, students will develop knowledge, skills and understanding:
• In making artworks informed by their investigations of the world as subject matter, use of expressive forms, and consideration of the audience for their works.
• In appreciating their own artworks and those of others, recognizing the roles of artists, audiences and how the world can be interpreted.
Benefits of learning visual arts:
• Improve observation, detail awareness and perspective.
• Helps develop inspiration, motivation and focus. Ability to see details.
• Helps kids make sense of their cognitive, physical, emotional, spiritual, linguistic and moral development by enhancing their learning curriculum. Also assists young children to develop their own languages, which help shape their individual, community and global identity.
Visual Design program is suitable for students from Year 7 to Year 10. The aim of the Visual Design is to enable students to:
• Develop and enjoy practical and conceptual autonomy as a visual designer in the making of visual design artworks.
• Understand and value the different beliefs and contexts that affect meaning and significance in visual design artworks.
After this program, the students will develop knowledge, understanding and skills:
• To make visual design artworks informed by their understanding of practice, the conceptual framework and the frames.
• To critically and historically interpret visual design artworks informed by their understanding of practice, the conceptual framework and the frames.
Design and Technology is suitable for students in Year 11 & 12. It is designed to develop students’ confidence, competence and responsibility in designing, producing and evaluating to meet both needs and opportunities and to understand the factors that contribute to successful design and production.
Objectives that students will develop during this program:
• Knowledge and understanding about design theory and design processes in a range of contexts.
• Knowledge, understanding and appreciation of the interrelationship of design, technology, society and the environment.
• Creativity and an understanding of innovation and entrepreneurial activity in a range of contexts.
• Skills in the application of design processes to design produce and evaluate quality design projects that satisfy identified needs and opportunities.
• Skills in research, communication and management in design and production.
• Knowledge and understanding about current and emerging technologies in a variety of settings.
5.1 Graphic Design Tutoring I
This class is for students who wish to pursue interests in art & design. Receiving one-on-one help or small group class and guided tuition with illustrating and photo editing using Adobe (Creative Cloud) design programs such as PS (Photoshop) & Illustrator.
Skills in Adobe Creative cloud (CC) software form the foundation for a commercial design career, the earlier the start the better. Tutored by a design industry professional with extensive experience. Tutoring will cover the 2 programs with a focus on practical techniques that are industry relevant. Students will be guided to work smart, learning efficient workflows in order to understand the most suited tools and techniques to choose and how the different programs work together.
The outcome is to assist students to navigate & further understand the tools of the programs, facilitating the start of creating evidence & bodies of work that demonstrate ability and that they meet the required entry level for tertiary study or higher in order to lead to a design career.
Adobe Creative cloud- Illustrator and Photoshop subscription.
Your own laptop, mouse and external hard drive.Note pad.
5.2 Graphic Design Tutoring II
This class is to guide and assist secondary to adults who want one-on-one tuition or small group class with Adobe Illustrator, PS (Photoshop) and InDesign. Skills in Adobe Creative cloud (CC) software form the foundation for a commercial design career, the earlier the start the better. Tutored by a design industry professional with extensive experience. Tutoring will cover all three programs with a focus on practical techniques that are industry relevant. Students will be guided to work smart, learning efficient workflows in order to understand the most suited tools and techniques to choose and how the different programs work together.
The outcome is to assist students to navigate & further understand the tools of the programs, facilitating the start of creating evidence & bodies of work that demonstrate ability and that they meet the required entry level for tertiary study or higher in order to lead to a design career. In addition if you’re an adult or small business needing help in starting out & creating designs or marketing for your own business or design projects, our program will support and guide you to complete your designs and have them ready to print sooner.
Adobe Creative cloud- Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop subscription.Laptop, mouse and external hard drive. Note pad.
We are entering into the age of computer. Computer and its application playsthe most significant role nowadays. With the advancement of computer and new technology, the world is like a global village. This is all because of computer and interconnected networks by computers. This is to say the Internet. To use Internet and make the information available on theInternet, it is necessary to have good knowledge of websites and web applications. Without this knowledge, it is difficult to get the right information in this time. Everything is available on the Internet!
Benefit and applications of website are increasing day by day. It is one of the mostly researched topics in computer science as well. In other words, knowledge in web-based application is one of the fundamental parts of living in the 21st century. If students in their young age were familiar with all these topics, it may be very helpful for them to cope with day-to-day use services. They may feel very easy to use various devices. It may be helpful for students to enter into the field of computer science as a part of their study, research and field of specialization. There is an extra benefit to students for their higher level of education. We are here to help you to create your future life and career in computer programming (website designing, web application programming).
• Introduction of Computer&websites/ web applications
• How to install required software in computer
• Build very simple application
• Make web pages with graphical content
• Introduction to programming
• Build a website or web application